Thursday, September 26, 2013

20130926 - Garden

In a word ... YES!! I am very happy with this painting. I have been looking at courses offered during the Art of the Carolinas show. One of the instructors is Tom Lynch, an internationally known watercolorist. One of his courses is titled "The Magic of Leaving White Paper". The sample photo (which you can see below) intrigued me and made me want to try something along that line. I know I'm not as good at watercolor painting as he is, so I simplified the painting quite a bit. And I added some flowers behind the picket fence. And VoilĂ !


For the first time, I feel as if I've crossed the boundary from primitive watercolor painting to more artistic watercolor painting. Not that I could (since it's a copy of Tom's painting), but for the first time, I would not be embarrassed to sell this painting.

Hopefully you enjoy this adventure as much as I enjoy the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment