Tuesday, September 3, 2013

20130902 - Callander Bracklinn Falls Bridge

My friends in Callandar, Scotland took a picture that will make a great pen & ink drawing. I'm thinking I'll just do this as a pen & ink with a water wash. No watercolors.

Yup. You guessed it. It's that wonderful perspective that's so interesting for me. Since this is almost monochromatic (just different intensities of one color), I think this will be perfect for a pen & ink. I'll use green to help highlight the foliage. But otherwise, black ink should do.

Here's the start of the drawing. What do you think? Should be fun. Hopefully, I will be able to remain patient while doing all the detail.

I hope you enjoy seeing a drawing in progress. It's not magic. It just takes time and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment