Friday, September 6, 2013

20130906 - Tomatoes

I started a couple of watercolor courses today. One is a watercolor course with fall colors. The second is a pen & ink with watercolor course. The course today was the watercolor only course.

Rocky Alexander is the instructor. Of course, as you would expect, her skill with watercolor is amazing. As I expected, I learn as I watch her work. Seeing her do a rendition of tomatoes was interesting. I learned a new technique to blend together colors. By dropping wet paint into wet paint, you can get a graduated color change. Of course, the round shape of the tomatoes is a good way to exercise that skill.

So, here's the first painting from that class. There are many more to come. Hopefully you will also find my journey with watercolors interesting.

As you look about, remember how wonderful the fall colors are and even in the midst of decline we can see some very spectacular results. While that's true for our gardens, it's particularly true for us. So, take the time and shine out with the radiance that's in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment