Thursday, August 22, 2013

20130822 - Sketching with Ink

Well, I attempted a simple sketch with Noodler's Ink. As you can see from the entry from my sketchbook the color and ability to spread it is quite good. Okay, the sketch is not anything phenomial. But that's not the point. My objective was to use four inks and create a quick pen&ink with colored wash. No watercolors. Just ink. I have two Noodler's Ink Ahab Flex pens (one with black and one with a gray blue). I have two ink fillable markers (one with green and one with sepia). Then I added a waterbrush to wash the ink into various shapes. I was even able to create the turquoise colored sea near the shoreline.

Yes, it's a very quick sketch and not something that I would want to frame. But the point is not that it's painting quality. The point is that these are a set of tolls that I can easily carry with me. Two pens and two markers and one waterbrush. Yup. This will work.

Pocket protector, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment