Wednesday, August 28, 2013

20130828 - Dreaming ...

Today is a day of reflection for me. 50 years ago we heard the now oft quoted "I Have a Dream" speech. Amazingly, it impacted a seven year old. So much of the world passes us without making an impression. But the depth and breadth of that dream spread hope to a young boy. Though I've not actively involved myself in civil rights, I have attempted to live by that dream. Throughout my life I attempted to befriend others and help all feel both welcome and valuable to others.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr's dream helped change our world. Imagine that just five years later we would hear and accept from a science fiction show the concept of "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations" (IDIC). Within a very short time from hearing the dream, the world had internalized it.

Sadly, the dream is not yet fulfilled. We must continue to stand against those forces that would cheapen the lives of others. They would take away the rights to hard won. Let us stand tall and actively resist such evil. Let us be counted among the dreamers of the world, who changed it for our better.

No comments:

Post a Comment