Saturday, August 31, 2013

20130831 - Down the Garden Path

I remembered a photograph I had taken many moons ago at the JC Raulston Arboretum. It was a wonderful garden path wending its way through the garden. Here is the original reference photograph:


I particularly enjoy the shape of the walk way. So, I decided to use this as the reference and create a pen & ink with watercolor painting. I've not completed the painting. But I've done the pen & ink portion of the painting.


As you can see, I intentionally accentuated the perspective. I just love that shape and thought a little bit of emphasis would help others see how unique it is. But I'm pretty pleased with the plank of wood effect that I was able to create.

In addition to that change, I will change some of the background. For example I will probably add a phlox bed in front of some ornamental grass. I will use watercolors to create the impression of wood chips and pebbles. I should finish it some time tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment