Wednesday, August 21, 2013

20130820 - Sketchbook

I took a few minutes to tinker with some sketching techniques.


In the first sketch of the mountains, I used my fountain pen with Noodler's Black ink. I used a Pentel Aquawash waterbrush to wash the ink and create some shading.

With the second sketch of the mountains I used my Platinum Preppy marker with Noodler's Sepia ink and the fountain pen with Noodler's Black ink. Again, I used the waterbrush to wash the ink. Interestingly, the Sepia did not wash all that well. It did fine in the fountain pen. It appears the marker lays down a thinner layer of ink than a fountain pen. So, it dried faster.

With the third sketch, I combined the Noodler's Black ink from my fountain pen (again washed with the waterbrush) and the Sakura Pigma Micron color brush pens. I am VERY pleased with that sketch.


I had wondered if I should carry the color brushes in my sketchbook organizer. I think the answer is YES!. I can carry my fountain pen and the waterbrush without any problem. Of course, that presents the potential problem of leaks.

Hmmm... So I start to think about carrying a pocket protector now that I'm not doing technical things day in and day out?!? ... 8-) ... Talk about irony!

No comments:

Post a Comment