Sunday, August 18, 2013

20130818 - Franming "Ashworth Drugs"

No, not the store. Just the painting!

This painting calls for a slightly different frame and mat than normal. In fact, it reminds me of an old photograph on which the colors have faded.

Since it evokes such a feeling, it only seems right to pay homage to Chinese painters, who in addition to their painting, include a poem and their chop on the painting.

So, here's a Haiku to accompany the painting.
summer's gentle breeze,
become our frozen moments
of long memory
Plus, I'll add a rendition of my signature to the bottom right hand corner.

The tricky part will be cutting multiple openings on the mat. Here's approximately how I would like it to appear:


The sizing is off. I've decided this should go into a 14x18 inch frame instead of the 12x16 inch frame that I had originally envisioned. So, I've been figuring out what the dimensions should be based on that. I'll post the picture when I'm done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment