Monday, August 26, 2013

20130826 - Possible next painting ..

Well, the artwork is submitted. As I noted there are some really remarkable artists that have submitted work in the past. They submitted new works today. It should be interesting to see who gets what.

I'm just happy that I reached a point that I could submit a couple works to the show. I've not had any classes (other than YouTube videos and a painting course on DVD). While I've learned a lot from that, it's not the same as any sort of formal training. But it seems to suit me well. I enjoy learning new techniques.

Speaking of which, I happened to find a YouTube video of drawing a realistic strawberry. The artist, Anna Mason, offers an online workshop and shows, step by step, how to create realistic paintings. Though I do not think I will end up with "realism" as my own personal style, I am fascinated at the possibility of taking a very impressionistic art form and moving toward realism. I might see what the free membership provides and how what the results will be.

Here's the YouTube video if you are interested.


Additionally, next week I will start two courses that the Town of Cary offers. One is titled "Painting Fall Landscapes and Florals". The other is titled "Pen, Ink and Watercolor Painting". Should be interesting. As I noted, I love to learn new techniques and approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment