Friday, October 4, 2013

20131004 - Falling Leaves (at Last!)

This painting is based on Falling Leaves 3 by Maria Balcells. She participates in Paint My Photo, which provides painters a wonderful source of reference photographs. I will of course always try to reference the source photograph and photographer. Well, at least that's how I will use that website.

As you can see, I tend to modify and accentuate the colors and lines within the painting. The original photograph, while it includes some unique colors is not quite as colorful as what I painted. It's just the accentuation of what I see in the photograph.

I don't know if she "punched up" the color a bit within the photograph. But I found this fall foliage scene rather striking.

You might be wondering why I did not have any posts for a few days. Unfortunately, I spent the past few days dealing with an insurance company, trying to get them to pay for something that they should pay. They lost the claim (so they said) no less than four times. I'm still not certain that they have it and will honor it. But I've escalated it within their company. (The short message is that you should not mess with someone who used to make a living dealing with the very hard escalations .. I DO know how to work a system. Politely, but firmly!!).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this rendition of the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment