Monday, October 21, 2013

20131020 - Dilemma Solved - Pen & Ink Only


So, I solved my dilemma with this rendition of the photograph. I decided that this time this "painting" will be ONLY with pen & ink. As you can see, I use the ink as a value wash. That is, I use the ink to wash in the shading within the "painting". It's just a pen & ink drawing, but it feel as if it's more of a painting than just a "drawing".


As you can see from the reference photograph, it will be a good candidate for using watercolors.

Everyone loves to see thistle flower - especially with a bee on it.

My next effort with this painting will be to add color to it. I might make that one 11x14 size painting. The subject comes out pretty nicely and lends itself to pen & ink, so adding color to it should be fairly spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment