Sunday, October 6, 2013

20131005 - Honeymoon House

This past week, I joined a group which encourages photographers to post their photographs for people to create a painting of them. Paint My Photo had a fun urban scene of a Honeymoon House. The colors (as you can see below) are quite vibrant. Needless to say, I decided this would be a great opportunity for me to try using a watercolor canvas board, manufactured by Fredrix. This consists of a canvas treated for watercolor (and other liquid art materials) and wrapped around a hardboard.

Supposedly painting watercolors on canvas provides a more lively / brighter painting experience. One reason is that the canvas does not absorb the paint the same way that watercolor paper does. Thus, the colors are supposed to be more vibrant and clear. Time will tell.

In preparation, I created this pen and ink painting of the Honeymoon House. It serves as the "under painting" of my final painting. On Sunday, the 6th, I will paint this with my watercolor paints.








No comments:

Post a Comment