Sunday, October 6, 2013

20131006 - Honeymoon House Completed

So here is the completed Honeymoon House painting. I added the lettering and a few small details. Working on the Fredrix Watercolor Canvas Board was an interesting, but pleasant experience. Fortunately, when I purchased the canvas board, I purchases several at a time. So, you will see more in the future.

You might also note above the middle set of flowers there is a bit of a whiteness that was not there before. The semigloss UV protecting varnish created a little bit of a "shine" in this part of the painting. This is one of those cases where what the camera sees and what the eye sees is a little bit different. In person, the painting looks just like it did without the varnish.

Unfortunately, the blue painters tape did not stop the paint from bleeding under the edge of the tape. I will need to see if I can't create more of a barrier in the future to resist that type of bleeding.

To correct this, I used Creative Mark's Aquacover Liquid Watercolor Paper to cover the edge of the painting. You can't see it in the above picture. It's not perfect, but it looks better than the bleeding under the tape.

Anyway, I hope to do more paintings with this watercolor canvas in the fairly near future. I hope you enjoyed seeing the process from picture to completed painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment