Saturday, April 12, 2014

20140412 - Sketches

Well, I picked up my pen and paint brush and dashed off a few sketches this week.

First, is an Eastern Bluebird. It is just a sketch, of which I am thinking how to finish the background. I think I'll use some Blue Ridge mountains and an early morning sky. Stay tuned for more to come!


The second sketch is a representation of the small partial walls that you often see at entrances to various neighborhoods. These are not gated communities. It's just a way to show how sturdy and substantial the neighborhood is.


Nothing really spectacular. But that was not my intent. I just wanted to see if I could now better capture the look of real stone and how it varies from block to block. My brush is much looser and more impressionistic than it used to be. I make progress.

The final sketch is a quick sketch of a fountain near one of my doctor's offices. The flame-like structure is a steel sculpture in the center of the fountain.


My hope was to capture the feeling of the fountain. I think I did fairly well for a quick sketch.

Hope you enjoy and remember to keep on looking for the beauty that surrounds us.

No comments:

Post a Comment