Wednesday, January 29, 2014

20140129 - Tilted Daisy

As I write this, it's below freezing outside with "snow" on the ground. The snow we had last night was more like frozen mist falling from the sky. It's a couple inches thick. So, of course I'm going to paint something a bit more cheerful and warm!!  :-)
 
Today's painting is based on a photograph taken by Johnina Payne Young (see below). It is titled "Tilted Daisy 2". This is part of the Paint My Photo website.
 
 
As you can see, I changed some of the background colors to add to the dramatic effect. And as per my usual approach, I used pen & ink to create the outline of the daisy. I used Sennelier Blue and Yellow for the sky and center of the daisy, respectively. I used M. Graham Sap Green Permanent for the green background. I combined the Sennelier Opera Rose with green for the shadow color. And I used Noodler's Black, Yellow and Fox Red for the inks.
 
This did not come out as well as I hoped. But it's at least a cheerful little painting. And that's my hope for you .. that it will help brighten your day and help you smile in spite of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment